Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

My apron…

IMG_0210

I love the gal.

We first meet a few days before I moved back to Mexico. I had been on the hunt for a good apron, but had yet to find one. She was bright and cheerful looking, and I smiled the first time I saw her. We met at the clearance rack too, so that made her even more beautiful.

She comes in handy for all sorts of things…

* a towel when needed.

* a conversation starter with the neighborhood women. “Where on earth did you get your apron?! You don’t see anything like that around here.” Aprons are all the rage for housewives here….especially the ones over 50 like most of my neighbors. Mine is unique with a pretty flower and everything.

* She keeps me dry while washing dishes or doing laundry.

* And she keeps my clothes clean while cooking. [If you have ever seen me cook, you know it’s a must!] Never mind that I don’t remember to put her on till after I have made a mess of myself.

* When not in use elsewhere, she adds color to the entryway.

* And it is always fun to see what’s in her pocket at the end of the day.


{Edit: I am using this post from the past to link up to The Little Pink House for “Apron Week at the Little Pink House”}

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Especially how you refer to your apron as a "she". ;)

    And oh yes, if only I always remembered to put on my apron before I made a mess of myself!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete