Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

La Bienvienida

 

140130

After going to the center of town with Rafa to pick up a couple of things yesterday afternoon, I opened up our door to find a host of people there.  My new extended family.  With the help of Rafa, the gave me La Bienvienida or “The Welcoming” to Mexico and to the family.  Delicious food, a herd of young cousins, a few house warming gifts, a rousing game of “Hot Potato” and cake where all included in the evening.  We thoroughly enjoyed it all.  After everyone had left, Rafa commented on how much he loved seeing our apartment full of people.  I couldn’t agree more and hope it becomes common-place in our life and home. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have a new family there to welcome you! Miss you much, friend!

    ReplyDelete