Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Quite and Peaceable

Peace fills the house.  Lunch simmers on the stove and the front door stands open, the cool breeze passing through.  Freshly folded laundry sits on the table, waiting to be put away.  Match box cars fill the other end of the table while their owner, 6-year-old Gael sleeps under a blanket canopy in our bed. How I have enjoyed {his} summer vacation.  My days are filled with a little boy companion, bloody mouths, desperate searching for bathrooms, and a million questions.  I do not babysit him.  I ask for him to come over and play.  He has a place in my heart that I never knew existed.  I just hung up with Rafa.  He is on his way home for lunch.   Life is calm and beautiful.  And it is greatly appreciated after the curve balls the past couple of weeks have thrown us.  We live thankful for the life we have, the love that is shared, the hardships that come, and the grace that covers it all.  

IMG_0754

IMG_0757

IMG_0758

IMG_0726IMG_0760

We live thankful, because what else could we really? 

“…that we may lead a quite and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment