Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It’s Monday.  Again, just another day of the week.  

We are still without internet, and as I suspected, the internet company has us running around in useless circles for the fun of it.  We were given a number to call to report the fried modem.  Call the number: no answer.   Call again:  a bunch od recordings.   Go back in person to the internet office  only to hear, “We cannot give you a new modem until you call to report the damaged one.  Keep calling.  Be patient.”  Well, if I have not mastered patience at I have been here in Mexico a year, then I will never learn it. 

The weekend was lovely.   I somehow caught a cold.  And not just the normal stuffy head junk, but the ache-y tiredness all over part.   But I am not one to complain! Thanks to my dear husband and wonderful in-laws, I was well taken care of.  Warm cinnamon tea with a hint of sugar and a splash of lime, several long backrubs, and the extra little things Rafa did around the house because he knows I just rest better when the house is tidy.  I am not sure what all I have ingested medicine wise since Friday evening, but it has done it’s job

We also have new neighbors.   A nice couple with two adorable daughters.  Ages 2 and 4.  But wait!   It gets better!   They speak English.  Not their first language, but they speak it well.  I have not come across anyone truly English speaking here, and what do you know?  They showed up at my doorstep!  I think we may have found some new friends. :)

I just got a text from Rafa saying he was on his way home for lunch.   And guess what?  I still get butterflies in my stomach.  Being married has not and perhaps, never will be easy, but it’s the BEST.   I enjoy being married and I love being Rafa’s wife. 

And he is here now, so off I go! 

xoxo

Kat 

1 comment:

  1. I know you are excited to have some new English- speaking neighbors...do they live in the Dr.'s house? Does the older child speak English as well? How fun! Love~

    ReplyDelete