Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

THE Piñata

A New Year’s Day tradition here is piñatas!   This year we gathered with {some of} our extended family, and this is what the kids piñata looked like…

DSCN0314 It is a cube made out of plastic paper and FULL of balloons.  Some of the balloons have little pieces of paper with numbers in them.  Each number represents a prize. {Some of the prizes where big like a new doll or dinosaur, will other numbers represented lollipops and other small candy.}  This takes piñatas to a whole new level, let me tell you!  After the piñata is broken, the scene looks like this…

DSCN0320 

DSCN0322

And never fear, there was a piñata for the adults too.  Since we were participants, there is no picture evidence. The competition to pop the balloons and be the first to pick up the piece of paper, was fierce.  Without going into too much detail, I will just share that between Rafa and myself, we took home the big {and most!} prizes of the day.  There is talk of just allowing one of us to participate next year…

No comments:

Post a Comment