Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

¿Te gusta Perote?

One of the most frequent questions I get asked here is if I like Perote, our hometown.  I have never been sure how to answer.  Like any place it has its pros and cons.  If you want to, you can see more of the pros, or vice-versa.   If I had just come here as a tourist, I don’t believe it would have made onto my list of “Places to Live.”  

Whenever I first came here to live fulltime, I kept thinking, “I’m just so glad to finally be here!”  After almost a year of a long-distance relationship with Rafa, it was so nice to wake up next to him each day.  I didn’t care where we were.

But people continue to ask and seemed surprised that we are creating a life here….not just waiting for the first opportunity to hop on a U.S. bound plane. And that I not only live with that fact, I genuinely enjoy being here and am proud of the life we have. 

What I usually say when people ask now a days: “My husband was born here and now my son as well.  How can I not love a town that has given me the two people I love most in the world?” 

Home is where the heart is and those two are it!

No comments:

Post a Comment