Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Making Cookies.

Yesterday evening, my 6-year-old cousin Guel came over.  We decided making cookies would be a fun thing to attempt.  Thanks to a friend of mine who sent chocolate chips down with my mom, I have plenty of them on hand.  Naturally we made chocolate chip cookies.   In the small-ish town where I live I have not been able to find chocolate chips, but it had never occurred to me that the kids here have never actually eaten chocolate chips.  I opened the bag before we began and offered a morsel to my cousin.   Have you ever seen someone eat a chocolate chip for the first time?   Pure DELIGHT.   My cousin is a chocolate lover and the chocolate chip was almost more than he could handle.   In the midst of stirring the batter, cracking eggs, and spilling flour all over the floor, I saw a little hand discreetly taking chocolate chips one by one out of the bag.   My mouth remained shut however.  After all, who am I to spoil the experience of tasting a chocolate chip for the first time?!   

Oh and I thought his reaction was grand when he had the chocolate chip.  You should have seen how large his eyes became when he saw the cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...that's so sweet! (no pun intended :) I miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete