Last night some very dear ladies held a bridal shower for me. I asked each of them to bring a recipe and a piece of advice to share. Here is some of the jewels of advice I received….
- Love your husband the way you want your husband to love you.
- May you always remember that this is a vow you’ve made unto the Lord and each other. Love is a commitment.
- Let your marriage be one of give and take. Work together as a team—always keeping God at the head of the household.
- Always keep the Lord first in your life, allowing Him to be the center of your marriage.
- Build community as a young woman far away from immediate and extended family, it is essential! Been there and done that and without it, life in a foreign land would have been very difficult!
- May this be the goal of your marriage: “O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.” Psalms 34:3
- Don’t’ just be his wife!! Remember to also be his “girlfriend.” always put him first after God and before kids, extended family, friends, ect…
- …and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband, [that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates and esteems him; and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly.] Ephesians 5:33
Any others? Do tell!