Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

To blog or not?

That would be the question the past few months. And while I have started many a post, I never got around to pushing the “publish” button. Writing is an outlet for me. My own thoughts become clearer with the process and decisions become easier to make, or at least the correct choice more obvious. Blogging also provides an organized way to look back on what has happened as well as anticipate what is coming down the pike. People can keep up with the goings on in my life without even having to speak with me….

simplyme…and there is where the negative enters. I have used my blog to allow people to keep up with me without actually entering into their lives. People who have been placed there and who I should make the effort to keep up with. But in far too many cases laziness wins the day. People begin to believe that they know me…and know about me they may, but the actual relationship does not exist. I know…I do the same thing with the blogs that I read. The writers have no idea who I am, but I feel as though I have a part in their lives because I see a few pictures and read a few penned words.

My life has been going through a time of change, development, excitement, and discovery, and I, with great anticipation, am looking forward to the next phase of life, but loving where I have been placed for now. I have just crossed the threshold of the beginning of a life as a wife, living in a (somewhat) new-to-me country, in a language that is not from my mother, with new relationships as well as continuing the old. There is so much I have to learn, discover, and mess up. And much grace, understanding, and love to be received.

And that I believe is worth sharing, even given my own short coming comings…

So let’s begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment