Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tent

One of my most cherished childhood memories was building tents out of blankets with my brothers and sisters. Our tents were pretty amazing.  And we would spend hours in them day after day until mom would say that the tent had to come down.  {Why in the world, I don’t know. I mean what’s the matter with the tent covering the entire living room?  we could have lived like that for forever….}

Yesterday Job and I made a tent for the first time. Nothing elaborate.  Just Job’s favorite blanket spread over the headboard and draping down onto the bed.  But he didn’t know the difference! 

DSCN3245

He *was* smiling and giddy, but then the camera showed up!

DSCN3240

What’s better than playing with the string from your sweat pants under a blanket?!

DSCN3260

I think we have many more tent making days in our future…And here I thought it was just a thing of my yester-days!

1 comment:

  1. I remember the tents you kids made. Your mom sure was patient. Job looks so grown-up in these pictures.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete